Thursday 7 September 2017

Sano Acoustic Guitar Mystery. Possible connection to Lowden or Yairi

guitarz.blogspot.com:










Hello all, as I get ready to send my youngest off to full time school, I may actually have more time to post here. Unless I get one of those job thingys. Let us hope not.

Here we have my newest acquisition.

I spotted this Sano Acoustic guitar as it reminded me a lot of my Lowden O-10 ( see the last picture). Then I ended up down the rabbit hole of google research. There is little to be found on the subject of Sano acoustic guitars. There is quite a bit about Sano amplifiers and their possible connection to Ampeg. 

Sano started off building accordions and were in the forefront of accordion amplification. They imported electric guitars from Italy in the 
1960s and started to focus on guitar amplifiers at the time. 

I did find some information that said there was possibly some Sano acoustic guitars build by Yairi in the 1980s. Lowden also built guitars with Yairi in the eary to mid 1980s. There was even a short lived brand of guitars that were Lowden designed sold under the name Artisan ( less than 1000 guitars ).

This guitar is amazing. Has all the balanced tone of my Lowden and is perhaps even better sounding when using a more aggressive strum attack. The top is solid cedar and the back and sides appear to be mahogany, but I cannot tell if they are solid or laminated. The fit and finish are quite good even if not quite as refined as the Lowden. And the trim work definitely suggests this guitar is worth more than I paid for it. 

A couple of interesting things on this guitar. The volute is the biggest pyramid volute I've seen in person, yet it's well placed enough to be unnoticeable while playing. The pick-guard is more unique than you may think upon first glance. It's rosewood, and it's actually inlaid into the cedar. In all my years of guitar obsession I've never seen this approach. 

Has anyone seen these guitars before. The only labelling or markings are a serial number on the neck block and a small label inside that says "Sano Craftsman Made". No country of origin, or any other markings. 

Be interested to see if anyone else has been as lucky to come across one of these guitars.

R.W. Haller



© 2016, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!Please read our photo and content policy.











7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really you blog have very interesting and very valuable information about the best guitar for beginners well done.
    best guitar for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really you blog have very interesting and very valuable information about the best guitar for beginners well done.
    best guitar for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some honest ideas about the best acoustic guitar share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
    best acoustic guitar for the money

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Bizarre Episode 5 , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of Bizarre Episode 5 in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have rapid breathing , and he always complain of clammy skin, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to Bizarre . I never imagined Bizarre has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Bizarre has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thông tin guitar fender cd-60sce và fender fa100

    Đây là hai mẫu đàn thuộc thương hiệu fender đánh giá là một trong những mẫu guitar uy tín chất lượng trên thị trường. Về thông hai sản phẩm trên cụ thể như sau:

    + Guitar fender cd-60sce:

    - Dòng acoustic thuộc thương hiệu fender xuát xứ từ mỹ.
    - Có giá bán hiện tại trên thịt trường việt nam là: 6tr3 phù hợp cho người mới bắt đầu học guitar chọn mua
    - Có 3 phiên bản lựa chọn: Sunburst, Black và Natural.
    >>>> Xem chi tiết hình ảnh sản phẩm fender cd-60sce tại đây:
    http://goldmusic.vn/dan-guitar-fender-0961704021-CD-60SCE-NAT/
    + Đàn guitar fender fa-100

    - Cây đàn Fender FA-100 Acoustic Pack mới mang đến âm thanh Fender
    - Có giá bán khá mềm 3tr650 1 cây
    - Thiết kế đẹp sử dụng gỗ cao cấp
    - Âm thanh phát ra chuẩn
    - 1 cây đàn acousitc guitar dreadnought dày âm và các phụ kiện gồm 1 bao da để bảo vệ và dễ vận chuyển

    >>>> Xem chi tiết sản phẩm Guitar AcousticFender FA-100 tại đây: http://goldmusic.vn/dan-guitar-fender-0950815100-FA-100-Pack-Natural/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting shape this guitar!
    Have you ever found where it came from?
    Quero Aprender Agora

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis